Friday, 14 January 2011

Over all Evaluation


This is our completed film. In the grand scheme of things, I'm quite pleased with the outcome of this film and I think that it does reach out to the target audience we were hoping that our film would appeal to.

Most of all whilst making this film opening, I have learned how important continuity is, as even little mistakes can make your film seem amateurish and also rushed. We do have a few continuity mistakes in our film, how obvious they are to people who have not seen it before, I am not sure, but if i were to make a project like this again then I would make sure I am very careful about making sure there are no continuity mistakes.

When looking back at our preliminary task, the improvements are obvious, with the fluency of the editing, the scripting and also the filming.

I'm really glad that we had our animatics to help us at the beginning as they really helped us when it came to planning and also seeing if what we wanted to do would work when put together in the film. However, we didn't stick completely to the original plan, we mostly have and it's helped to have it when editing.


Looking back on our film whilst writing the director's commentary, we realised that we could have shown Anisha's love for Dan more apparent and more interesting, perhaps by talking about how wonderful he is in the narration or making it more apparent through the chemistry between them. This would have really made it a rom-com opening and now that we have finished, I'm disappointed that we didn't think about it before hand.

2 comments:

  1. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, Franky, and that's what this evaluation is all about. You have spotted some interesting improvements that you could have made and show here how much you have learned.
    Mrs H

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also need to look at whether your audience has been successfully targeted.
    Mrs H

    ReplyDelete